Wednesday 25 June 2008

What a Character!


The Listowel Banner has a section of their newspaper called the "Character Corner". Now I don't live there anymore and I don't get the paper but I think this is a fabulous idea. Especially since my sister and brother-in-law were so smart as to nominate my nephew who I happen to think has a whole lot of character. Not too many 10-year-olds would have as much a community mind as Parker does. Don't get me wrong, in so many ways he is a typical boy who can get a little rowdy and crazy at times but he is also a sensitive boy who is sometimes wise beyond his years. I love the kid - he's pretty awesome if you ask me!!!


Here is what they had to say about Parker.....


Our son Parker is just finishing up Grade 4 at Listowel Central. His little sister Keely will start JK in the fall. Parker is very concerned about the lack of a school playground and worries what the students will do - especially the younger ones. This May Parker celebrated his 10th birthday. He decided to ask the guests of his party to make a donation to the Listowel Central School Build a Playground Fund rather than purchase a gift for him. We are so proud of Parker every day, but this was one of those moments that every parent dreams of. Our hearts nearly burst as we watched our young man make this choice that demonstrated his empathy, compassion, responsibility and integrity.



4 comments :

  1. I love what you wrote. I am a little teary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see that not all the kids in our world are messed up! What a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am teary too.
    Awesome is definitely what that rockin dude is. Tell him from us too in Kitchener we think he's great!

    What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete