Saturday 8 September 2007

We made it!!!

It is now Saturday and both Maya and I survived our first week!! Maya did pretty well in daycare. She cried every morning when I dropped her off which is hard for the Mommy but Jenni tells me she settled in after a bit. I think it will take her a little more time though before she is running around and playing with the other kids! Friday though she got to spend the whole day home with Daddy who tells me they had a great day!! That is good for me since now maybe I can get out of the house a little more often without the baby in tow!! Not that I mind spending time with my baby girl but being back to work has definitely given me a little taste of that Mommy freedom!! Speaking of being back to work, my week went surprisingly well. I wasn't sure how I would like the job but it is great! The kids are great and the other staff are great. Of course, having said that, Monday I will be moving to a new location. Same school but I will be going out to one of their satellite classrooms. Thankfully, I have heard nothing but good things about the kids, teacher, TA and school so that should help. This should be my last move though and I should be able to finish out my contract there!! The one thing about being back to work that I have yet to get used to is how tired I am! I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the week. I am so not used to getting up at 6:30am and next week it will be earlier since the new school starts earlier. It doesn't help that Maya is getting me up a few times a night as well. Mommy is one tired lady!!!

But, soon, I am off to Nannyfest for the weekend!!! Just the thing after a long week!!!

1 comment :

  1. Glad it all went fairly well! Routines are hard to get use too, but it will happen :) (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete