Monday 30 July 2007

News, news, news....

So, it has been an action-packed few days! I returned home from some scrapping fun at Mom & Dad's last Friday (July 27th) and all was good. Sometime after going to bed that night, I noticed that the hydro had gone out in the house. I din't think too much of it until the morning when I got up and realized that it was only out in half the house. I'd never heard of that before so I do what I always do when I am not sure about something - I called Dad!! He stated that it was not a good thing and told me to call Hydro to see if the problem was on their end. Well, they came out and checked a bunch of things and determined that it was a problem in our fuse panel. Dad thankfully has some electrical knowledge and ventured up this way after his golf game with Jim to check things out. In no time at all he had things up and running properly! We thought our troubles were over but that night again the power went out! My poor Dad cause this time I called him at 4am because I was a little paranoid about a fire breaking out. Pat & I shut everything off and headed back to bed. We woke up the next morning to Dad knocking on the door - once again he was coming to our rescue!! He rechecked everything and tightened it all up and again we had power (and well that was Sunday morning and this is now Monday afternoon and so far so good). Thank heaven for my Dad! He is the best!! I can't even imagine what it would have cost to have an electrician come out on the weekend!! My Dad rocks!! Of course all of this power outage drama played out while I was supposed to be enjoying the day at the Cook family birthday party....it sucks that I had to miss that!! Sunday morning though, after Dad fixed the hydro situation, Maya & I actually headed to his place to enjoy Marissa's first birthday party. That was lots of fun!! A great day of family fun!! (Check out the pics below) I also got some good news too in the midst of all of this other craziness - I'm going to be an Aunt again!!!! My sister Jenn is expecting in January and my sister-in-law Tara is expecting in February! Maya won't be the baby of the family anymore!!

No comments :

Post a Comment