Tuesday 21 August 2007

We survived!!

I dropped Maya off at daycare this morning and she did okay. She went to Jenni without any crying although she was reaching for me as I walked out the door. I on the other hand didn't quite make it through without any tears! I'll admit it - I cried a little! What do you expect - my baby was just left in the care of someone who was not me!! Even though I really like Jenni and know Maya is in good hands with her it is not the same as being with Mommy! So, I did what anyone would do in this situation - I called my Mommy and got her to talk me through it! After a few minutes I was okay and back to remembering that this was a good thing for both of us! A couple of hours later I showed up to pick up Maya and she was sleeping so I guess she was comfortable enough! I think it will be okay - we both just need a little more time to get used to this new arrangement. She's back again on Thursday morning and then not again until she starts full-time on September 4th!!

While Maya was spending some time at daycare I had an appointment at the school board to complete my paperwork to officially be signed on as a teaching assistant!! As much as I am dreading being away from maya every day I am looking forward to being back to work.

No comments :

Post a Comment