Sunday 7 June 2009

Crop for the Cure

**See post below for winners of the Blog Hop for the Cure**

Well, I am a little sad this morning that Crop for the Cure is over for another year!! What a fantastic day we had!!

I seriously cannot say thank you enough to each and every person who helped us out!

To every single one of the fabulous ladies who came out and spent the day with us - so many thanks goes out to you! We most definitely could not do this without your support! I hope each of you knows how much it means to me that you choose to spend the day with us!!

To all of the businesses/people, both near and far, who donated goods to our day - THANK YOU!!! I feel so incredibly blessed at all of the support we received! I think our participants thank you as well since every person went home with some fun stuff!! Our day would be nothing without your support so from the bottom of my heart - thank you!! (Please go here and see a list of our sponsors and show them some love)

To our fabulous on-site vendors, Scrapping Turtle and In A Pinch Designs - thank you so much for coming and spending the day with us!! I know I sound like a bit of a broken record here but I really mean it when I say your support means so much to me! You help make our day fabulous and I love you for it!! THANK YOU!!!

And to the lovely Lesley Langdon, who donated both her time, talent and scrappy goodies to come and teach a card class. Thank you so very much!! You are an awesome lady and I have to tell you that I have heard nothing but fabulous things about your class. So sweet and generous she is. She donated all proceeds from her class to the cause - she truly has a wonderful heart!

A shout out to my diva friends who came out on Friday and stayed late yesterday to help with preparations and clean-up! You ladies are awesome and I love you! Thank you so much for your help! You saved my sanity a lot this weekend and it means so much to me!!

I really really hope, I am not forgetting to thank anyone here. Please know that I am so incredibly grateful for all of the support we receive. To have so many people who want to share this day with us is an incredible feeling. I feel both overwhelmed and trememdously blessed!!

Oh, I have to do another shout out to Noelle! This is my girl Lisa's daughter. She spent a day selling water bottles at the end of the driveway and had her Mom show up with a $20 bill to donate to the cause. Nine years old and already fabulous! Thank you so much Noelle!

As well, I have to mention the Quinn family, who through their time of loss were able to think of us. I was so very proud to be able to give away such a fabulous prize in Kathy's honour. She was a lovely lady and is most definitely missed.

A thank you as well to the fabulous Ms. Go Scrapping herself (Karen Ellis) who popped by for a visit and to give a few things away! Such a fantastic support of our cause. Thanks darlin!!

This post might just be long enough now I think. Sorry for the wordiness but I had to show the love to all of the people who make this day happen. And last but most certainly not least, I most definitely need to shout out the rest of the Crop team. My Momma who slaved over the food all weekend long. Seriously, because for all my planning I did not do much at all to help with this aspect of things! My 3 fabulous sisters who helped out as well. Ang, Tami & Amanda - thanks sistafriends! This truly is a family event and I am so happy & proud to do such a great thing with my mom & sisters!!

And lastly, I will leave you with the final results because really don't we all want to know what's going toward the cause. I have done a rough figuring of things and barring anything being missed on account of sheer exhaustion on my part, I am incredibly please to report that we raised a fantastic $2200 for the cause!!

Together we can make a difference and each and every person involved in this event should be proud at what we accomplished by coming together!!

THANK YOU!!!

We look forward to everyone's support for next year's event (tentatively set for June 5, 2010)

_________________

Don't forget that you still have a chance at winning the 3 limited edition stamp sets that Clear & Simple Stamps designed specifically for Crop for the Cure. See the post below this for details and enter before 9pm tonight!!

10 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous daY! congrats on your fundraising! Very very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!!! I am so happy to have been able to help. What I did was so minor compared to what you and your family have done!!!
    Thank you for a fabulous day!!!
    Love Ya!!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news Tracey - congratulations on your event. We were proud to be a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great day Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! That is awesome news!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that it was a success for you! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your fundraiser. Hugs Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an amazing time. You did such such an amazing job putting this crop together. Sign me up for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. some great links dear Tracey. that blog hop for a a cure sounds like something i want to check out!
    thanks for letting us know

    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an awesome day you had!! congratulations on your fundraising!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete