Friday 25 July 2008

FREEDOM!!!!!


MY BABY GIRL IS UPSTAIRS ASLEEP IN HER CRIB!!!!!!! Now for some this would not seem like a big deal, especially since she will be two years old in less than a month!! But let me just say, that this is the first time this has ever happened!! And not only is she fast asleep she went in bed awake and fell asleep up there all by herself. This like everything else so far has apparently happened on Maya's terms. We're in her bedroom tonight and were talking about putting her big girl bed together tomorrow since the crib has always been a waste of space (she has HATED it from the start) and before I know she is asking to sleep in her bed. So, I comply and get her all settled in - expecting that as usual within five minutes she will be screaming bloody murder but NO - I am met with blissful quiet and within 10 minutes she is fast asleep!!! Oh the joy I feel right now!!! Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in the same bed as her and getting extra cuddle time and seeing her beautiful peaceful face last thing at night and first thing in the morning but it is time for us to part!! The freedom this means for me - for her to actually go to bed without me! Is it wrong and selfish that I am thinking of all of the scrapping I can accomplish if she is in bed all on her own earlier!?!?!
I am so thrilled right now that I don't even care that she is not likely to make it through the whole night. It is a start! And a very happy one at that!!!
Later, when the excitement wears off a little I will give myself time to be sad. I know I am going to miss our co-sleeping and am going to constantly worry about her being in her own room but it is not time for the sadness to creep in yet. It is still time to CELEBRATE!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment