Sunday 8 March 2009

Happy Birthday Babe!!

Today is my hubby's birthday!! And well, I decided to do things a little different and let Maya make a card for her Daddy. Here is my baby girl's masterpiece (I helped her stamp the image although I let her pick it out).

And here is my girl and her Daddy...

Happy birthday! We love you!!!

Oh, and how about a cute Maya story too.....Maya is learning that people have proper names. She knows Mommy's name is Tracey and her Grandmas' names are Dodie & Marjorie. So, when I ask her what Daddy's name is she tells me "Daddy Babe". Babe is what I call Pat all the time (without even thinking about it really). I think that it is adorable that she thinks that is his name. We have tried to teach her that it is Pat but she insists that it is "Daddy Babe". You try reasoning with a 2-year-old....

Oh, and on a fun note, I have been getting a little scrappy today!! Woo hoo!! I will leave that to show tomorrow though because I hope to get more done.

Happy Sunday all!!

16 comments :

  1. Ahhhhh Super cute story, Tracey! Way to go Maya!!! What a good stamper/cardmaker you are...just like Mom!!! And Happy B-day to your hubby,smile!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that lovely picture and I see Maya is taking after Mummy on the craft field, I bet Daddy loved it
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my she is a cutie, best present a Daddy could have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, kids are too funny! Thanks for sharing your pics and story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya is becoming quite the little artist - I am sure Daddy Babe loved her great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is very talented like her Mom..I bet her Daddy love the card. The photo of your hubby and daughter is Wonderful!!...and I love the cute little Maya story!! Thanks so much for sharing!!..Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah how cute are cards made by the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooo adorable!!! And her card is cute too! *smile* Thanks for sharing this with us Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and picture Tracey! And its so sweet what your little girl calls her daddy!
    Hugs Lynsey:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracey, well done to Maya on such a wonderful card for 'Daddy Babe', I'm sure he loved it :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh, what a sweet story. I love her card. What a cutie pie you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Story..........reminds me of Lady and the Tramp, where they referred to the Father in the house as "Jim Dear" because that is what his wife called him.

    Maya is beautiful!!!! Love her card

    hugs,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!!! Never too young to start stampin!! My daughter calls my husband "hun" when she needs something, funny how they pick up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! I bet your hubby will treasure that card always :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Fellow Canadian!

    Tell Maya I loved her Daddy Card! She did a great job!

    Belated Happy birthday to you Hubby!

    Smiles and Cheers,

    Dorothy
    Whitby, Ontario

    ReplyDelete