Tuesday 28 August 2007

The fight is on....

This week I am working hard to get Maya on a schedule for a couple of reasons. I want to make her daycare transition a little smoother but Momma also needs to be getting more sleep before I return to the working world! Can you believe that she is still getting up for 3 bottles A NIGHT!! It's crazy I know! So, anyway, yesterday was the first day we put this new schedule into play and I have to say that we did pretty well. We were able to stick to the meal and nap times pretty well - she even napped upstairs in the bedroom. SHe woke up a couple of times but I just laid with her until she fell back asleep. And last night she was in bed by 8:40pm. That may seem late but since she normally goes around 11pm this was great. It wasn't easy though she walk up a few times and I needed to go in and lay with her until she fell back asleep. Then around 10pm when I was trying to get ready for bed she of course woke up and wanted a bottle. She was pretty much inconsolable - my baby does have a one-track mind. We fought through it though and I was able to get her back to sleep without the bottle! YEAH ME!! It was a long rough night from then on though. She woke up several times crying and wanting her bottle. But only once did I give in and give her one and she must have been hungry because those 4 ounces disappeared very quickly. It's so hard to know if she is hungry or not at this age. I'm feeling the mommy-guilt for not just giving her a bottle when she wants it. But if it is just habit like the doctor tells me then better to kick it now!! Although it was a rough night I am happy to report that we both survived and are up and ready to start another day! With any luck tonight will be a little easier!!

On a completely different note, I thought I would share a family picture that was taken of us on the weekend......

No comments :

Post a Comment